1 opening in Lehi
Emmersion is searching for a talented Vice President of People. The VP of People will be responsible for setting and executing human resources strategy that aligns with Emmersion’s mission and business objectives. Balancing both tactical initiatives and strategic thinking, this role will partner with the executive team to develop people programs including: total rewards design and administration, performance management, training and development, talent acquisition, employee relations, and HRIS administration.
Our ideal candidate will cultivate trust and credibility with employees, the CEO, the Board and the senior leadership team, acting as a partner and strategic advisor. A candidate with a strong track record of working in early stage growth environments with a deep knowledge of best practices and innovative people solutions will thrive at Emmersion.
Emmersion has developed AI-driven, fully-automated language assessments that provide accurate and immediate reports in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and more. With these assessments, companies and universities throughout the world hire and retain the best talent, reduce high turnover, improve customer satisfaction scores, and streamline applicant language screening or student placement testing. For more information, please visit www.emmersion.ai.
Team Players — We put the success of the team as a whole above our individual pursuits.
Entrepreneurs — We don’t wait to be asked to step in and add value. We are proactive.
Solutioneers — We recognize, deeply understand, clearly articulate, and solve problems.
Truth Seekers — We embrace honest discussion and healthy conflict to find the right path.
● Leadership & direction in HR and talent management initiatives
● Execution of Emmersion’s talent acquisition strategy including sourcing,
recruiting, and onboarding exceptional talent
● Execution of performance management process focusing on compensation,
people development, continuous feedback, and high performance
● Organization of ongoing leadership training and development programs driving
employee engagement and growth
● Thought leadership on employee relations issues and day-to-day coaching
guidance to leaders and Emmersion’s Culture Council
● Ensuring systems are in place for HR process efficiency, enabling accurate &
timely reporting for compliance & strategic purposes
● Development of people policies to minimize legal exposure while balancing
employee and business needs
● Monitoring of global benefits programs to ensure compliance with local
requirements, competitiveness, and value
● Collaboration with our marketing team to develop Emmersion’s employer brand
Core Competency Requirements
● A well-rounded HR executive with at least 10 years of experience with a
reputation for proactively driving growth
● Experience working in a high-tech, high-growth environment
● Strong demonstrated personal values and impeccable integrity
● A willingness to let go of traditional HR in favor of business-centric approaches
● Expertise in the areas of recruiting, compensation, and leadership development
● Experience managing data & projections and compiling analysis for board level
reporting with a strong business acumen
● Strong written communication skills
● Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain strong working relationships at all
levels in the organization
● A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Human Resources and/or Business preferred
● PHR/SHRM-CP a plus
● Thrive in a small, entrepreneurial environment where she or he may have multiple responsibilities
● Be confident in her or his abilities to add significant contributions to the human resources department of the organization
● Be passionate about developing a solution to help close the global communication gap
● Be willing to constantly learn new techniques and skills to stay relevant in the industry
● Be able to work well individually and also in a team setting
● Competitive Salary
● 401k + company match
● Quarterly Bonus
● Stock Options
● Comprehensive health benefits package
● Opportunities for significant growth and advancement
● Fun, high growth work environment
● Regular service and team building opportunities (We believe in giving back)
● “Take what you need’ paid time off and sick leave